May 12, 2010

Assignment #5 - Delicious

Busy week last week, didn't get to Assignment#4. I will .

Delicious! Fun name for a useful web tool. I created a delicious account many years ago, used it for a few days, then left it alone. Over the years, I've gone back and added links when a certain project came up and then abandoned it once again.

I'm not sure why I don't consistently use this tool. I think I would like it better if I had more ways to organized my links (yup, I'm in the right profession). I would love to be able to group them into collections and have different options of formatting the display. Maybe this is possible and I just haven't figured it out.

Organizing the links just by tags alone doesn't really satisfy- particularly when searching for 'like' links in other people's lists. It depends so much on personal naming decisions that it's not all that comprehensive.

On the other hand, I've just used it again to find library programs and services for 'Older Adults'. While searching Delicious, I found a few more links that my Google searching hadn't found, which proves to me that Delicous does have value. I'll have to figure out a way to make better use of this tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment